During the BUILD developer conference on 26th June 2013, Microsoft made available Windows 8.1 and Windows 8.1 RT Previews to its customers which they can download through Windows Store. Along with that Microsoft also released ISO files so that users who wants to install previews on different partition can do so with ease. But what if you encountered a problem while installing an app or driver which cause Windows to behave unpredictably. At that time you have an option to uninstall the program or driver. But if uninstalling does not fix the problem, you can try restoring your computer’s system to an earlier date when everything worked correctly.
Basically System Restore helps you restore your computer’s system files to an earlier point in time. It’s a way to undo system changes to your computer without affecting your personal files, such as e-mail, documents, or photos.
Let’s say you have recently installed an app or driver which creates problems with your PC, so with the help of System Restore you can restore it back to an earlier point in time, called a restore point. This process doesn’t change your personal files, but it might remove recently installed apps and drivers.
Steps to restore your Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 PC using System Restore :
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
- First move your mouse towards the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search from the Charm bar.
- Then enter Recovery in the search box, tap or click Settings, and then tap or click Recovery.
- Tap or click Open System Restore.
- Next System restore windows Pop ups and then click next.
- Then you’ll be shown some events which include Date and Time, Description and Type.
- Choose a particular event and click next (also check the affected Programs).
- That’s all…
Note : System Restore isn’t available for Windows RT Also Windows automatically creates a restore point when you install new Windows updates if the last restore point is older than 7 days. You can also create a restore point at any time.
Hope this helps!! If you face any problem share with us by commenting below.