Many times you have come across a situation where you don’t have a WiFi router and you want to create a wifi hotspot to share your computer’s internet connection to other WiFi enabled devices within your house. In Windows 7 you can easily turns your PC into a WiFi hot spot using Ad-hoc network option provided in Network and Sharing center but in Windows 8 Microsoft has removed that option.
In Windows 8, you can do it with some bypass methods using command prompt but it becomes little bit tricky for the normal users who are not much in touch with commands and surely they’ll go for more simpler method. So Virtual Router Plus is an easy to use tool that will turn your computer into a WiFi hotspot and does that tricky part of thing for you.
Basically Virtual Router Plus is a free, open source software based router for PCs running Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2012.
- Make sure your computer is connected to the network that you want to share using Virtual Router Plus
- Your Computer must have a correctly functional wifi adapter.
Steps to create Wifi hotspot in Windows 7 and Windows 8 using Virtual Router Plus :
- Download Virtual Router Plus from here.
- Extract the file and run it (no installation required).
- Enter your Network Name (SSID).
- Enter the password.
- Then Select the connection you want to share
- And at last clicks on Start Virtual Router Plus option.
- If it won’t work try to run it again from the second step using the above process.
Note : Keep in mind that the computer in which Virtual Router Plus is running needs to stay awake to continue to share the internet through Wifi hotspot .
Hope this helps.. Lets us know if you are facing any problem and need any help in installation process by commenting below.